Established 1993. The only club dedicated to all types of vintage garden tools and machinery

.....Find the NEW website and machinery forums at www.vhgmc.co.uk

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Help and information
 VHGMC ForumsGeneralHelp and information
Message Icon Topic: Forum Rules - Important Post Reply Post New Topic
web1
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote web1 Replybullet Topic: Forum Rules - Important
    Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 9:04pm

Rules for Users of this Forum

We do not allow postings of items for sale; invariably you will achieve a higher price for your goods by using an internet auction site.  Our members routinely monitor these sites, therefore you will not reach any wider audience by advertising here;

We do not allow postings which promote, or include, links to items for sale on internet auction sites.  Links tend to clog up the system and unscrupulous people could use links to advertise their own items for sale in order to achieve a higher price;

We do not allow advertising.  This is to ensure that the forum does not become a place to advertise trades, online shops, or promote businesses which do not support or enhance the club or itís aims;

If you use language which could cause offence to other users your IP address will be blocked.   Please remember that this site is monitored on a regular basis.

IP IP Logged
hitchinsm
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote hitchinsm Replybullet Posted: 01 Dec 2012 at 3:23pm
Couple of questions.
A member was looking for a Kohler engine I have told him I have 30 of them in stock, from rebuilt to non starter. is that okay?. I have given some advice to a member with a non starter and told him I have all the parts he may need to fix his engine, is that okay.

I have identified a picture I have up on another web site that a member has copied and put up on this site. I have informed him that it is my copyright. If he had asked I would have let him use it but he did not he has just copied it over. What is your view on this?

Regards Mike
IP IP Logged
alan
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote alan Replybullet Posted: 01 Dec 2012 at 4:07pm

Hi Mike

A few good questions there!

Generally you are helping another member fix their Kohler engine. Helping other members is what the club aims to do.

Regarding copyright for images and text on the forum, if an image is posted and the copyright belongs to a third party then we can remove that image when requested to do so.

Unfortunately copyright infringement is great on the internet. Sadly though we can are unable to identify images that may have been copy & pasted from other internet sources. However, any image (and blocks of text for that matter) that may appear on the VHGMC forum first and is then cut & pasted into other websites can be traced back to this forum.

I will send you a PM.

Alan

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version