Established 1993. The only club dedicated to all types of vintage garden tools and machinery

.....Find the NEW website and machinery forums at www.vhgmc.co.uk

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
2011 ARCHIVE
 VHGMC ForumsForum Archive2011 ARCHIVE
Message Icon Topic: 1972 Lawnflite 8 Post Reply Post New Topic
alan
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote alan Replybullet Topic: 1972 Lawnflite 8
    Posted: 09 Nov 2007 at 6:50pm
At the Cheffins sale in November 2007 was this 1972 (date from what appeared to be it's original B&S engine) Lawnflite.

What amazed me about this machine was the fact that firstly it even existed as I didn't know Lawnflite did anything like this, and secondly it was complete. It had all the buttons and knobs intact as well as all the decals, original paint, headlights, mower deck with side discharge deflector. The whole machine was 99% undamaged apart from it's desperate need of a new paint job. It only had one soft tyre too!

It would have been a fantastic easy restoration for someone. I would have bought it too if I hadn't already got a pick-up load of tractors and a restoration back-log at home....

Edited by alan - 09 Nov 2007 at 6:51pm
IP IP Logged
Guests
Guest Group
Guest Group

Quote Guests Replybullet Posted: 16 Mar 2008 at 12:52pm
And from the same year as the Mowett also, certainly a different machine!
IP IP Logged
Guests
Guest Group
Guest Group

Quote Guests Replybullet Posted: 03 Apr 2008 at 11:26pm
My friend has an old rear engine MTD Lawn flite that needs a bit of restoration and work done to it
IP IP Logged
pmackellow
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote pmackellow Replybullet Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 10:24pm
What sort of value would one of these have Alan, and are they relatively easy to get parts for ??
Collector of Tarpen, Wheelhorse, International Cub Cadet, Landmaster, Cooper Stewart, Farmfitters, Jobber, Jalo, Ro-lo, Sisis and literature
IP IP Logged
alan
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote alan Replybullet Posted: 09 Jan 2010 at 4:00pm
I would guess that one of these would be reasonably cheap to buy as most folk would think they are past their best and are worth only scrap value. I would have thought something like this would have a 200 price on it, but it all depends who is wanting one - like most things we come across!

Easy restoration mind you as many parts (other than tin-work) will probably be available or at least very similar parts that would do the job and still look right. And it's a Briggs engine so easy to work on.

I might be right in thinking that Stens do Lawnflite parts?? They could well be the same bits that were on MTD machines...

This would be a stunning machine restored as it was in that 1960/70s electric blue metallic paint and would look superb at a show, wish I'd bought it now!!

IP IP Logged
series1gem
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote series1gem Replybullet Posted: 09 Jan 2010 at 4:38pm
I think weve all been there not bought something at a sale and regreted it afterwards, i know i have. About 10 years ago i was at an auction when a sachs diesel gem sold for 70 as i wasnt that into them then i left it.
If it isnt orange it isnt a rotavator
IP IP Logged
farmers boy 2
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote farmers boy 2 Replybullet Posted: 09 Jan 2010 at 5:26pm
_popupControl(); s1g i think that cuts both way too cos i bet there are some thing that you wish you had not bought too !!! i have for sure !!!
Kim. He's not a newbie, just a well preserved secondhand model
IP IP Logged
series1gem
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote series1gem Replybullet Posted: 09 Jan 2010 at 7:33pm
yes definatley
If it isnt orange it isnt a rotavator
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version