Established 1993. The only club dedicated to all types of vintage garden tools and machinery

.....Find the NEW website and machinery forums at www.vhgmc.co.uk

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Help and information
 VHGMC ForumsGeneralHelp and information
Message Icon Topic: reason why I can't get shrinkpic to work Post Reply Post New Topic
daviddale
Forum Member
Forum Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote daviddale Replybullet Topic: reason why I can't get shrinkpic to work
    Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 7:30pm
Hello all, I think it's because I have a new computer with windows 7 that I am unable to up load and shrink my pictures on shrinkpic, my daughter can do it from paint but her hands are a blur! too much for me to grasp i'm afraid, i'll keep trying and will use imageshack too, sorry everybody about the very annoying pop ups, I suppost that's the price you pay for using a free(?) site.
Regards, David.
IP IP Logged
lawnmowerboy
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote lawnmowerboy Replybullet Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 10:00pm
i'm runnin windows 7 and dont have a roblem
Grow old, not up!!!
IP IP Logged
kiwifella
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote kiwifella Replybullet Posted: 22 Jun 2011 at 9:10am
Hi try Irfanview. Very simple and no pop ups!!
IP IP Logged
Predator65
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote Predator65 Replybullet Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 5:15pm
Hi Dave
quick tutorial on how to re size pictures with paint running windows 7

first open paint by clicking the windows flag(the Start Button) in the bottom left of your screen
then click on "All programs" from the pop up list
then select "Accessories" from the pop up list
in there you should see "Paint" click it to open

so far so good I hope?Smile
once paint is open look at the top left of the screen for an icon that looks like an open book (just above the picture of the clip board)
click that then select "open" from the pop up list
a box will open giving you the option to go to the folder where your pictures live (normally "pictures" by default but you can click on different places in the left hand colomn to navigate to other places like my documents or desktop etc.)

ok once in the folder were your picture is that you want to resize double click on the picture and it will open in the paint program (hard bit over now only easy left Wink

ok look at the top left of the paint screen again and you will see the words "clipboard" "image" and "tools"
above image you will see "Resize" click on that to open the box that allows you to make your picture bigger or smaller.

by default the "percent" box will be highlighted leave it as it is as its easier, if yor picture is 1 mb for example (you can see how big the image is at the bottom of the screen where it says "size")
you nee the pic to end up at 500 kb or smaller to work  so if its 1 mb you would resize by about 50% (as 1mb is equal to 1024 kb) so maybe even 51%

when your happy click on "ok"

then click the first icon (open book) at the top left then just click "Save" from the list.

thats it, then when you upload the picture it should work as its now half the size

if you need more help pm me and ill do my best

Regards

Tel

God Im such a Needy Child!
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version