Established 1993. The only club dedicated to all types of vintage garden tools and machinery

.....Find the NEW website and machinery forums at www.vhgmc.co.uk

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
2011 ARCHIVE
 VHGMC ForumsForum Archive2011 ARCHIVE
Message Icon Topic: British ANZANI Post Reply Post New Topic
plonker
Forum Member
Forum Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote plonker Replybullet Topic: British ANZANI
    Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 11:47pm
Well, I have taken the Plunge and bought an Anzani Iron Horse as the final solution to cultivating my 1/2 acre allotment! it meant a 200 mile round trip which at the last moment meant I had to use my series one Landrover, this made the journey four times longer and ten times more uncomfortable! but we made it, and with the Anzani loaded into my little tin trailer, we took the plough off to put it in the back of the land rover, What a Weight! I had no idea! it took two of us to lift the plough alone!.

Which made me wonder how much does an Iron Horse and plough weigh? does anyone know? also there is some original paint under the bonnet etc, it looks Orange, does anyone know the correct colour? the pictures I have seen of the Anzanis on the VHGM site seems to be painted red?.
I have unloaded it in the barn, and I am hoping that the weight will discourage the travelling thieves from lifting it, so far they have broken in four times, and stolen four Generators, we shall see.
plonker
IP IP Logged
Charlie
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Charlie Replybullet Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 7:29am
British Anzani Iron Horse weighs 8cwt, I don't think this includes the plough. Original colour is orange, see page 2 of The Cultivator for details of who to contact for help.
IP IP Logged
series1gem
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote series1gem Replybullet Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 9:29am
Most of the ones in T&M articles have been orange.
If it isnt orange it isnt a rotavator
IP IP Logged
howardman
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote howardman Replybullet Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 1:40pm
I would love an iron horse, but very rare over here in ireland. loading heavy non runners can be tricky...bought a gem with two flat rotten tyres last year and the old boy selling it had a heart condition. luckily his shed was up a slope.. ..pushed it down a steep path onto loading planks and into my van......all very tricky. Did you have to search for a while to track down the ironhorse?
IP IP Logged
moglet
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote moglet Replybullet Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 10:33pm
Sold an Iron horse to a chap your side of the silvery sea and his driver came in a Transit van and we drove it straight in with the plough on, tucked the toolbar under the front and strapped it in and we're on the east coast of suffolk, buying something as a runner is worth spending a few more quid on if you have limited means of collecting it.(sorry if a tad off topic, normal service follows shortly) poor old shortly)
Margo and Jerrys Volvo is now rarer than the Howard; discuss.
IP IP Logged
plonker
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote plonker Replybullet Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 12:45am
I did not have to search hard at all, I have been looking for something heavier than my Merry Tiller and Barford Atom to tackle a neglected 1/2 acre allotment, Well, this should do it! I was looking for something with gears and reverse, and the Anzani fits the bill, there seems to be quite a lot of pedestrian tractors on the well known web site, in my opinion prices are falling, I saw a Trusty with gears that only just made over 100.00, some hopefull souls advertise their pride and joy at 3 or 400. but I have never seen one sell at that price.

I suppose with the Anzani , Trusty and BMB Ploughmate, there is a limit to the number of people who have the space to keep them.
plonker
IP IP Logged
howardman
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote howardman Replybullet Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 9:13am

an iron horse  has come up for sale in the past few days on a website over here ....only 10mls from where l live....wants ludicrous money...non runner and not restored...usual stuff about it running 12months ago!!!!!. its intact and dry stored...going to see it friday evening but money is too high, even if they are next to impossible to get over here

IP IP Logged
plonker
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote plonker Replybullet Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 5:39pm
I paid a 100.00 for mine, with plough, and at 8 CWT I reckon that that is not far off scrap price! it,s on iron spade wheels, but I shall keep an eye open for some rubber tyred ones, I wish you luck with your search, but I should consider using a courier if you buy in the UK, it would have cost me less than the petrol I used to drag it home!
plonker
IP IP Logged
howardman
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote howardman Replybullet Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 9:13am

ironhorses are not very pallet friendly and sellers are reluctant to get in volved in any complications. l would be charged for a double pallet due to overhang approx 320 euros

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version