Established 1993. The only club dedicated to all types of vintage garden tools and machinery

.....Find the NEW website and machinery forums at www.vhgmc.co.uk

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Projects
 VHGMC ForumsThe Main Forum AreaProjects
Message Icon Topic: Nickerson Turfmaster / Horwool Landscaper refurb Post Reply Post New Topic
booomer
Forum Member
Forum Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote booomer Replybullet Topic: Nickerson Turfmaster / Horwool Landscaper refurb
    Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 9:54pm
Hi there, i'm new to the forum. Here is a link to my ongoing project which i will also update on this site from now on. Any experiences/information/pictures relating to these machines would be most welcome.

cheers

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=205380

IP IP Logged
hortimech
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote hortimech Replybullet Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 10:38am
Er, what happened to the cutter units?
IP IP Logged
booomer
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote booomer Replybullet Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 10:35pm
there wern't any
IP IP Logged
booomer
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote booomer Replybullet Posted: 08 Oct 2011 at 8:39am
Hi guys, here's a couple of pics of the build, all these parts have been blasted and filler primed. The front axle is having some filler to mask some pre-ownership bodgery!
cheers

IP IP Logged
pmackellow
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote pmackellow Replybullet Posted: 08 Oct 2011 at 4:11pm
Looking good
Collector of Tarpen, Wheelhorse, International Cub Cadet, Landmaster, Cooper Stewart, Farmfitters, Jobber, Jalo, Ro-lo, Sisis and literature
IP IP Logged
booomer
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote booomer Replybullet Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 6:03pm
Hi guys, progress is very slow but i have a couple of updates.

Heres the current status of the tractor. Front axle, hubs, spacers, wheels and steering is all on.

And here's a hydraulic test rig that i knocked up to test my volvo power steering pump, spool valve and a ram that i had. These parts will form the basis of the hydraulic snow plough system
http://s616.photobucket.com/albums/tt248/booomerbmw/?action=view¤t=Hydraulictestrig.mp4
IP IP Logged
booomer
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote booomer Replybullet Posted: 21 Mar 2013 at 5:36pm
here's what i've done in the last year, i know its not much haha. But its looking better i think you'll agree
http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt248/booomerbmw/photo4.jpg

http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt248/booomerbmw/photo3.jpg

IP IP Logged
booomer
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote booomer Replybullet Posted: 21 Mar 2013 at 5:40pm
Here's what i've done in the last year, i know its not much haha. But its looking better i think you'll agree!

IP IP Logged
pmackellow
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote pmackellow Replybullet Posted: 21 Mar 2013 at 5:41pm
Most definitely an improvement , well done   

Collector of Tarpen, Wheelhorse, International Cub Cadet, Landmaster, Cooper Stewart, Farmfitters, Jobber, Jalo, Ro-lo, Sisis and literature
IP IP Logged
Franktonpaget
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote Franktonpaget Replybullet Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 10:45pm
Been having a bit of a sortout and came across a Sales Brochure for the Horwool machines.

The Horwool Triplex 84 was the mower version had side and rear cylinder cutting units with a cutting width of 84".

There was also the Horwool Landscaper 1200 was the tractor unit version of the other machine without the cylinder cutting units but fitted with mudguards and large foot plates.
You could fit  a Horwool trailer,a rear mounted 42" rotary mower with its own engine, Dorman trailed sprayer ,Sisis aeromain equipment and any other suitable towed equipment.

Hope this assists your machine may be the  Horwool Landscaper 1200 tractor without the cutting units.

regards FP
IP IP Logged
TITCH
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote TITCH Replybullet Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 7:06am
The Nickerson Turfmaster though, wasn't that based on the Leyland 302 tractor?
I'm in need of any literature and/or info on these if nyone could help??
Thanks,

Titch
Restorations Final Touch!
IP IP Logged
Franktonpaget
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote Franktonpaget Replybullet Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 7:43am
I think the Nickerson Turfmaster came after the Horwool version and I presumed Nickerson purchased the design rights from Horwool in the same way that Charles Nickerson purchased tractor division from Leyland and rebranded it Marshall as he already owned Track Marshall.
This may be reason you link 302 to Nickerson
regards FP
IP IP Logged
andyjh

Quote andyjh Replybullet Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 3:59pm
Hi to all - just came across this forum via parts search.
This may seem seem a bit obsessive but we currently have five nickersons and one early horwool ,four on regular mowing duty (commercial ) and two basket cases for spares.
All but one are kohler 14 hp petrol the other is a lombardini diesel which is unbelievably frugal.
People often comment on the age of our pack but they are superbly reliable and when 'technical issues' arise they are an old school mechanical fix.We have a good source of work covering contracts held by more modern equipment when they fail due to electronic/hydraulic probs.
One thing you may be able to assist with as ,you are restoring, is the origin of the brake master cylinder - it is lockheed but with no number markings so any info on vehicles it may also have appeared on would be helpful (bond bugs units look similar).
One point is that the marshall 302 based turfmaster is a completely different beast to these being properly tractor based
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version