Established 1993. The only club dedicated to all types of vintage garden tools and machinery

.....Find the NEW website and machinery forums at www.vhgmc.co.uk

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Ride-on machines
 VHGMC ForumsThe Machinery ForumsRide-on machines
Message Icon Topic: wheelhorse b111 Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
mowerdar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote mowerdar Replybullet Topic: wheelhorse b111
    Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 7:42am
Hi all i have just been offered a wheelhorse b111 for 50 all working and with 3 blade cutting deck is this a good buy thanks
IP IP Logged
charliesfergy
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote charliesfergy Replybullet Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 8:13am
blimey that sunds cheap!!
IP IP Logged
mowerdar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote mowerdar Replybullet Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 8:49am
Ive looked at it now its all there atarts drives fine got hi low levers n 3 speed box (6 with low) 11hp briggs lecy start bit of rot on deck nothing major begining to think its a steal at the price
IP IP Logged
meadowfield
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote meadowfield Replybullet Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 9:30am
thats a good price to pay - a working deck is 50-100.

B-111's are a good tractor, pressed steel chassis, 11hp briggs we've had two of them!
me fatha allus toldus thez three kinds of engineer - them what can add up, an them what can't
IP IP Logged
mowerdar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote mowerdar Replybullet Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 9:39am
Really? I best say yes to that deal then and is tgere any proplems. With them ?
IP IP Logged
owen
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote owen Replybullet Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 9:41am
You can't go wrong at that price, I once owned one of these. Built like a tank the deck had enough metal to make two or my be three modern ones. Never had any trouble other than a drive belt, which was a bit of a job to replace. 
IP IP Logged
mowerdar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote mowerdar Replybullet Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 9:54am
Popular machine then? Thanks for the heads up on the belt have to keep an eye on it and hopefully picking it up thursday if i can get a. Bigger trailer
IP IP Logged
meadowfield
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote meadowfield Replybullet Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 11:52am
The briggs engines (272707) run for ever if well oiled. Ours starts on 2nd turn whatever the weather. Watch out for rear peerless brake either falling off with vibration or being rusted up!

heres ours...

before

and after

me fatha allus toldus thez three kinds of engineer - them what can add up, an them what can't
IP IP Logged
will_haggle
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote will_haggle Replybullet Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 1:35pm
Well done, Mowerdar, best thing to do is come down to Shepton Mallet on 10, 11 March at the game fair. We're in the Exmoor Hall with the small holders association. PM Charlie if you would like to enter your Wheelhoss.....
There'll be at least one other Wheelhorse owner there....
See me with a display of Merry Tiller and associated accessories....
6 months ago I couldn't even spell engineer - now I are one
Calne, North Wiltshire...
IP IP Logged
mowerdar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote mowerdar Replybullet Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 1:43pm
thanks mr haggle ill have to try and get the saterday off work to go up to shepton even though its ten minute from my house will there be much room if i enter a ive also got a mowett mustang and a westwood gazelle and is charlie the mans user name on her?
Darren
IP IP Logged
Charlie
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Charlie Replybullet Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 3:22pm
Yes that is me.
IP IP Logged
owen
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote owen Replybullet Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 3:38pm

This is the B 111 I renovated, these look like a proper tractor in miniature. I mentioned before having to replace a drive belt, but this is not a problem with them. The belts heavy duty and will last a long time.

IP IP Logged
pmackellow
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote pmackellow Replybullet Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 4:28pm
Well worth 50 by the sounds of it, go for it !!!

(I've probably got a manual for it somewhere...)

Collector of Tarpen, Wheelhorse, International Cub Cadet, Landmaster, Cooper Stewart, Farmfitters, Jobber, Jalo, Ro-lo, Sisis and literature
IP IP Logged
neilhorse
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote neilhorse Replybullet Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 4:52pm
Worth  a bulls eye easy , I also had one it was probably the best starting tractor that i had , the previous owner painted it to look like a massey fergusson which spoilt it iin my opinion.
Go get it .
IP IP Logged
mowerdar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote mowerdar Replybullet Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 8:25pm
Charlie pm sent and owen very nice machine
IP IP Logged
mowerdar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote mowerdar Replybullet Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 9:43pm
just got home from picing it up will post pics tommorow after i unload it at my workshop
IP IP Logged
pmackellow
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote pmackellow Replybullet Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 9:57pm
Looking forward to the photos Darren, I will have a look in my Wheelhorse file and see if I have any info on the B111 for you
Collector of Tarpen, Wheelhorse, International Cub Cadet, Landmaster, Cooper Stewart, Farmfitters, Jobber, Jalo, Ro-lo, Sisis and literature
IP IP Logged
mowerdar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote mowerdar Replybullet Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 10:13pm
thank you paul
IP IP Logged
mowerdar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote mowerdar Replybullet Posted: 18 Feb 2012 at 11:34am
Well iits in the unit but turns out the wirings shot to peices and the key twisted in the ignition and snapped :'( anyone got any idea how to hotwire it untill i build a new loom?
IP IP Logged
series1gem
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote series1gem Replybullet Posted: 18 Feb 2012 at 11:52am
run a jump lead from the positive of the battery to the positive of the starter motor, somwhere there will be a wire to stop the engine, this needs disconecting, (try looking near the throttle levers on the engine, or near the airshroud), then get a big thick screw driver and short across the positive on the starter motor to the positive on the solenoid. If the earth is bad you may have to run a lead from the negative on the battery to an earthing point on the engine.
If it isnt orange it isnt a rotavator
IP IP Logged
pmackellow
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote pmackellow Replybullet Posted: 18 Feb 2012 at 8:00pm
Hello Darren sorry no joy on information, I have the B100 and then the B115 but not the B111 which I believe was made inbetween... sorry
IP IP Logged
owen
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote owen Replybullet Posted: 18 Feb 2012 at 11:14pm
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=toro%20uk&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CDQQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.toro.com%2Fen-gb&ei=Ni9AT4btIuiq0QWPhNiPDw&usg=AFQjCNGrnH-mGJKQ5bqpqrTcR9LtA2ZTCg

Hello Darren this is a link to Toro sight, click parts on the top then homeowner. This shows the B111, you can look up wiring and other parts. You can down load a manual from here B C and D series.

IP IP Logged
mowerdar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote mowerdar Replybullet Posted: 19 Feb 2012 at 4:23pm
well looms all sorted goin to use a nos westwood loom so all sorted just uplaoding pics so be on here soon
IP IP Logged
mowerdar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote mowerdar Replybullet Posted: 19 Feb 2012 at 5:00pm
IP IP Logged
owen
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote owen Replybullet Posted: 19 Feb 2012 at 5:47pm
Hello Darren. Tractor looks pretty sound, deck looks a bit of a challenge. Overall a good find.
IP IP Logged
mowerdar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote mowerdar Replybullet Posted: 20 Feb 2012 at 12:14pm
The red decks the wheel horse one and isnt to bad the green ones off the westwood and its quit far gone
IP IP Logged
mowerdar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote mowerdar Replybullet Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 10:30am
Anyone know what the to wires. that come out from the starter moter go?
IP IP Logged
meadowfield
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote meadowfield Replybullet Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 12:27pm
if you mean the two wires that come from under the flywheel.

one is the AC lighting circuit, the other is the 12V charge circuit. The 12V charge should have an axial diode in line in order to rectify the voltage to DC.

Failing that the starter should just have one stud for the 12V connection to the solenoid...

And the other could be the kill wire to the points???

mark
IP IP Logged
pmackellow
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote pmackellow Replybullet Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 8:32pm
Mowerdar I now have a brochure that includes the B111, dated 1979 it arrived from the USA today, pm me if you want a copy
IP IP Logged
mowerdar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote mowerdar Replybullet Posted: 11 Mar 2013 at 8:00pm
has any one got measurements for the rear wheels on the cutting deck as mine have been replaced by larger ones and looking to get it ready for the work and showing season and the wheels on it seem to big and dont allow the cut to go low enough for my liking
many thanks
IP IP Logged
owen
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote owen Replybullet Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 9:11am
If you go on Toro site and do a model search No 95-36XS00,the wheels are part No 105688. Looks like they could be 6", you might have to copy and paste the No for it to work. Owen.    
IP IP Logged
mowerdar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote mowerdar Replybullet Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 3:00pm
thanks owen managed to find some off another mower which are the same size as specified which is 6x1.75 inches if anyone else would like to know
IP IP Logged
wristpin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote wristpin Replybullet Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by meadowfield

if you mean the two wires that come from under the flywheel.

one is the AC lighting circuit, the other is the 12V charge circuit. The 12V charge should have an axial diode in line in order to rectify the voltage to DC.

Failing that the starter should just have one stud for the 12V connection to the solenoid...

And the other could be the kill wire to the points???

mark

Just to enlarge on the above - if you are not sure and are having to rewire take extreme care not to send 12volts up the kill wire or you will be looking for a new coil!
If it is the dual circuit alternator (ac lighting and dc charging ) you can expect the two wires (red dc and black ac) to go into one two pin socket and one of them (red dc one) will have a small bulge (the diode/rectifier) just the flywheel side of the socket. Then there may be a third wire coming out of the blower housing and passing behind the starter motor - that is the kill wire. Alternatively the kill wire may leave the blower housing on the opposite side of the engine and go to a terminal on the throttle plate. If you ever have to remove the starter motor make sure that you don't pinch this wire between the motor and block when replacing the motor.
If it is a very early installation there will  be two separate connectors for the DC and AC - no two pin socket.
IP IP Logged
mowerdar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote mowerdar Replybullet Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 4:33pm
hi wristpin thank you for elaborating its got the two pin plug i still havnt had chance to really sort these two wires out i know the charging wire goes i gess to the starting realy/solinoid but have you any idea where the lighting wire goes?
IP IP Logged
wristpin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote wristpin Replybullet Posted: 13 Mar 2013 at 7:35am
Originally posted by mowerdar

hi wristpin thank you for elaborating its got the two pin plug i still havnt had chance to really sort these two wires out i know the charging wire goes i gess to the starting realy/solinoid but have you any idea where the lighting wire goes?

A Wheelhorse man will tell you whether it has a light switch or whether they are permanently on. my guess is a switch in which case it will probably go to it. If you look at the colour of the wire on the loom side of the alternator ac socket and see if there is a similarly coloured wire going to a dashboard switch you can then test continuity either with a multimeter or with the engine running and a bulb.
I'm not familiar with Wheelhorse wiring but the dc charge wire will probably end up at the battery or battery side of the solenoid but maybe via the ignition switch and a fuse. Best plan is to try and get hold of a wiring diagram for your model.
Would emphasise that if adventuring into the unknown, disconnect the ignition kill wire until you are sure you have got things right  - that way the coil is protected from destruction by an inadvertent dose of volts! If you are worried about not being able to stop the engine with it disconnected just add a short length of bare ended wire to the coil side so that you can ground it to stop the engine - that's all the stop position of the switch does.
Having said all this it is possible, and here again a wiring diagram or Wheelhose expert will tell you, that although you may have a duel circuit alternator the ac output may not be used and the lights  run from the dc side via the battery, ignition switch and  maybe a separate light switch!
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version