Established 1993. The only club dedicated to all types of vintage garden tools and machinery

.....Find the NEW website and machinery forums at www.vhgmc.co.uk

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Ride-on machines
 VHGMC ForumsThe Machinery ForumsRide-on machines
Message Icon Topic: TURF WARS RETURN Post Reply Post New Topic
boxspanner13

Online Status: Offline
Quote boxspanner13 Replybullet Topic: TURF WARS RETURN
    Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 6:27pm
Hello

I'm currently restoring a SISIS tractor and implement carrier which I decribed in a post (TURF WARS - OMECH1211) back in November 2011

Attached are some pictures of the tractor as of to-day - it's coming along OK , just have the fuel tank and tin work to finish and fit. I've built the machine as found, don't know if it's spot on original as I can't find any info'/details/spec's or pic's relating to the tractor as new. The original road pattern tyres were scrap and replacements are hard to find and expensive. These new 600 X 16 (early Landrover) items were bought from flea bay and fitted, with new tubes, for less than the cost of one original. They would chew the daylights out of any surface for which the tractor was designed but do look 'purposeful'!  
Whilst scraping the paint (fifty shades of yellow) from the front cover 'bonnet' I found the shaded imprint of a long forgotten transfer which reads:  K  20  presumably the model designation?
Haven't started the carrier yet but this looks to be just a lot of strip ,clean and paint.

I hope to show the rig this summer and realise that, as it's self propelled, I will need RTA insurance? Can anyone suggest a company/broker who could help with this? It's never been road registered but has Makers ID/serial nos./engine number will this be adequate?

Any questions or comments most welcome.

Regards,        Brian
 Have just tried to upload my pic's and found that 'ACCESS IS DENIED' when clicking on the 'tree' Will try to add them to a separate post...

IP IP Logged
pmackellow
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote pmackellow Replybullet Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 8:02pm
Looking good, try Cherished Car Insurance they insure my tractor collection using serial numbers as a reference...
01252 713148

Collector of Tarpen, Wheelhorse, International Cub Cadet, Landmaster, Cooper Stewart, Farmfitters, Jobber, Jalo, Ro-lo, Sisis and literature
IP IP Logged
Charlie
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Charlie Replybullet Posted: 30 Mar 2013 at 7:28am
Another insurance company you could try is NFU, I used them to insure my Ransomes MG2. Have a look in one of the tractor magazines and you will find others.
'Don't force it! Get a bigger hammer'
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version