Established 1993. The only club dedicated to all types of vintage garden tools and machinery

.....Find the NEW website and machinery forums at www.vhgmc.co.uk

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Help and information
 VHGMC ForumsGeneralHelp and information
Message Icon Topic: help Post Reply Post New Topic
david1198
Forum Member
Forum Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote david1198 Replybullet Topic: help
    Posted: 08 Apr 2013 at 9:07pm
hello i want to upload a fue pics of a new machine ive just braught but carnt (are you haveing a fue problems) because when i click on the lil green tree the box comes up and then says the website cannot display this page and a load of foreign wrighting can you please advise
IP IP Logged
Predator65
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote Predator65 Replybullet Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 4:22pm
Hi there
Are you using a PC to upload your pictures? I ask this because when I first joined the forum I tried a few times to upload pictures on my iPhone and my tablet and it would not work it seems it only likes PC for uploading,the other thing that may be an issue is the size of your pictures(they must be less than 500kb or just under half a megabyte in size or it won't work,you may have to resize them using a suitable programme like paint or Photoshop etc.)

If you find that your pictures are to big and you need help re sizing them pm me and I will help you.

Regards

Tel
God Im such a Needy Child!
IP IP Logged
wristpin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote wristpin Replybullet Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by Predator65

Hi there
Are you using a PC to upload your pictures? I ask this because when I first joined the forum I tried a few times to upload pictures on my iPhone and my tablet and it would not work it seems it only likes PC for uploading,the other thing that may be an issue is the size of your pictures(they must be less than 500kb or just under half a megabyte in size or it won't work,you may have to resize them using a suitable programme like paint or Photoshop etc.)

If you find that your pictures are to big and you need help re sizing them pm me and I will help you.

Regards

Tel

By all means use the progs suggested but you can resize just by right clicking on the image, chose "edit" and "resize" and then reduce the image either by percentage or number of pixels. For this forum I usually go for 25% but obviously it depends a bit where you are starting from. If you are concerned about loosing or messing up the image  just copy it before you start and use the copy for resizing and leave the original as a backup.
IP IP Logged
TestAccount
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote TestAccount Replybullet Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 6:20pm
Wristpin, what do you use to open your picture please, I don't have the edit option when I right click on it.
IP IP Logged
Predator65
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote Predator65 Replybullet Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 6:55pm
An update to my earlier post after putting some pictures up,

If you got as far as getting the foreign writing in the right hand window just wait a little while and then writing will change into the image you uploaded.

Hope this helps

Regards

Tel
God Im such a Needy Child!
IP IP Logged
wristpin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote wristpin Replybullet Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by Predator65

An update to my earlier post after putting some pictures up,

If you got as far as getting the foreign writing in the right hand window just wait a little while and then writing will change into the image you uploaded.

Hope this helps

Regards

Tel

The "foreign writing" is what's known in the printing/compositing trade as "body type" and used to be used for mocking up copy when laying out pages. Letraset used to (may still do) sell pages of it in all different point sizes! Looks as though it is Latin text but is actually just gobbledegook to fill the spaces around images when laying up the page! 
IP IP Logged
wristpin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote wristpin Replybullet Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by TestAccount

Wristpin, what do you use to open your picture please, I don't have the edit option when I right click on it.

Just what ever came as part of Windows 7 .
Computer > libraries> pictures , brings up the folders with my images, choose the folder and image, right click on it  - edit>resize - say 25% >oK>close > do you want to save>yes.
IP IP Logged
TestAccount
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote TestAccount Replybullet Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 7:22pm
Thank you, sorted, I was clicking one more time.
IP IP Logged
wristpin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote wristpin Replybullet Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by TestAccount

Thank you, sorted, I was clicking one more time.

Glad that you are sorted - too many clicks make a clunk!!
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version