Established 1993. The only club dedicated to all types of vintage garden tools and machinery

.....Find the NEW website and machinery forums at www.vhgmc.co.uk

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Projects
 VHGMC ForumsThe Main Forum AreaProjects
Message Icon Topic: stainless gardette crawler ilo engine help require Post Reply Post New Topic
lmkev

Online Status: Offline
Quote lmkev Replybullet Topic: stainless gardette crawler ilo engine help require
    Posted: 25 Aug 2013 at 10:21am
Hi new to the forum sorry if I do anything wrong.
Recently bought this stainless gardette crawler don't know a lot about it only that it was used to tension the wires in vineyards.
It is fitted with a ilo (jlo) DL 660 two stroke diesel engine
I have now stripped the engine (and drained the 4inchs of water) it doesn't look to bad but it has the fuel pump missing needs a clutch and could do with a head (but I could weld if not).
So what I am asking is does anyone know of any parts or another machine that uses the same engine or even a spare engine?

Thanks for looking kev
IP IP Logged
lmkev

Quote lmkev Replybullet Posted: 25 Aug 2013 at 10:40pm
Think its the same engine as the agria 1900 are these common to come by?
IP IP Logged
simar kid
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote simar kid Replybullet Posted: 26 Aug 2013 at 8:29am
Hi. We have a european member called tony spriet from belgium he is heavily into a mixture of mecanical walk behinds he would be your best hope. There is also a german guy who is the finest engineer ive seen but his name at the moment has given me the slip.
Not sure whats wrong. i think we will let it develop
IP IP Logged
nigel
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote nigel Replybullet Posted: 26 Aug 2013 at 3:33pm

Message par chenillard77 le 26/6/2007, 08:41 by chenillard77 on 26/6/2007, 8:41 excuse my frenchLOL

stainless gardette, ce sont de petits engins fabriqués à villefranche sur saone (69) par les ets gardette et fils, sous license stainless. stainless gardette, are small devices made of Villefranche Saone (69) by ets gardette and son, licensed stainless. ces petits engins ont éte motorisés par un mono diesel JLO de 15cv, et par une essence 2cylindres a plat equivalent (marque ?). these small devices were powered by a single diesel JLO of 15hp, and a flat 2cylindres gasoline equivalent (trademark?). en voici deux photos : Here are two pictures:
l'essence gasoline

le diesel diesel

certains ont changé et adapté un autre moteur, il m'est arrivé de voir du peugeot 203 de monté dessus ! some have changed and adapted another engine, I happened to see the Peugeot 203 mounted on it!

mais gardette a aussi fait ces engins en version motoculteur ! gardette but also made these devices version tiller! si si ! if so!
ime very posh
IP IP Logged
lmkev

Quote lmkev Replybullet Posted: 26 Aug 2013 at 4:27pm
Thanks for the information would like to keep original engine. Do you know what years these were made between was told it was 1950s when I bought it don't know how accurate that is?
Thanks kev
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version