Established 1993. The only club dedicated to all types of vintage garden tools and machinery

.....Find the NEW website and machinery forums at www.vhgmc.co.uk

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Pedestrian operated machines
 VHGMC ForumsThe Machinery ForumsPedestrian operated machines
Message Icon Topic: Cifford @ Dorset Steam Fair Post Reply Post New Topic
Irish Iron Hors
Forum Member
Forum Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote Irish Iron Hors Replybullet Topic: Cifford @ Dorset Steam Fair
    Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 2:58pm

Hi All

We were over at the Dorset Steam Fair last week. Fantastic show. There was a great turn out in the horticultural side.

We were looking for parts for the Clifford when we discovered a complete Clifford Mk4 with the 600x12 tires. To cut a long storey short, we bought it for 40. The tines are hardly worn but it is a slightly different version of the other Mk4 we have, the control levers for both wheels are pointing upwards, compared to the control levers on the other machine pointing downwards

Has anyone come across any ploughs for this clifford. I found a picture of a Clifford painted blue with a very impressive plough on the back, swinging disk and a mechanism for lifting the plough out of the ground. We would be interested in finding a similar plough. Here is a link to the website where I found it.

http://www.justanswer.com/small-engine/7fmmx-clifford-rotavator-bsa-engine-give.html

IP IP Logged
plonker
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote plonker Replybullet Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 10:52pm
Well, I dont have one, but I have seen one with a plough like the illustration, I went to see one for sale on that well known site last year it had the plough and cultivator, what struck me was how well the implements were built. as if from a much bigger machine.
plonker
IP IP Logged
jim beacon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote jim beacon Replybullet Posted: 04 Sep 2013 at 4:18pm
Didn't realise that was you! I was the bloke with the long hair and the hat, who stopped to talk about the tyres, just as you got the machine apart.

Jim.
The Allen & Simmonds Register

http://www.g1jbg.co.uk/autoculto

For users of Auto Culto, Autogardener, Horticulto, Midgiculto and other Allen & Simmonds products.
IP IP Logged
plonker
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote plonker Replybullet Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 11:11am
Irish Iron Horse there is a scrap clifford on offer on that well known auction site, and he says that he has the plough and cultivator for it, in case you are interested.
plonker
IP IP Logged
spider
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote spider Replybullet Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 5:38pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=RPltcS8No1o if you need it dated just pm me gearbox number the machine above is a mk4 the ones with lever down are mk4As the link is me ploughing with my mk4 regards Paul cliffordregister@gmail.com
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving isn't probably for you
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version