Established 1993. The only club dedicated to all types of vintage garden tools and machinery

.....Find the NEW website and machinery forums at www.vhgmc.co.uk

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Ride-on machines
 VHGMC ForumsThe Machinery ForumsRide-on machines
Message Icon Topic: briggs carb Post Reply Post New Topic
hybridv8
Forum Member
Forum Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote hybridv8 Replybullet Topic: briggs carb
    Posted: 16 Sep 2013 at 4:48pm
Does any body know a part number for a briggs and Stratton carb off of a 16hp,the one on my simplicity tractor was removed before I got it and needs a refurb or a new one but I cant find any numbers on it anywhere,I believe they are called a flojet carb but I need the part number or the location of one on my carb so I can get a kit.
IP IP Logged
owen
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote owen Replybullet Posted: 16 Sep 2013 at 7:35pm
You might be able to match your carb to a number here.

http://outdoorpowerinfo.com/repairs/ copy and paste.
Your engine used 2 types of carb, if you Google Briggs and Stratton carb 396634. Parts tree has a diagram of both carbs.
IP IP Logged
Stuart.
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote Stuart. Replybullet Posted: 16 Sep 2013 at 7:43pm
The engine MODEL,TYPE and CODE numbers are stamped on the engines tin cowling.If its a flat twin engine these numbers may take a bit of finding but are definately there.Im sure they are on the LH side around where the spark plug is located.
IP IP Logged
Hillsider
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote Hillsider Replybullet Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 1:31am
Originally posted by Stuart.

The engine MODEL,TYPE and CODE numbers are stamped on the engines tin cowling.If its a flat twin engine these numbers may take a bit of finding but are definately there.Im sure they are on the LH side around where the spark plug is located.

Try looking at the valve covers you may find the numbers stamped on the side of one.
Most definitely you will need to find them or you could go around in ever decreasing circles
IP IP Logged
hybridv8
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote hybridv8 Replybullet Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 5:05pm
Thanks for the info,I needed the part number for the carb which I have now found (391065) I already had the engine number but couldn't find the carb number.
IP IP Logged
jim beacon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote jim beacon Replybullet Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 6:28pm
If you go to the Briggs site with the engine number, you will be able to download the manual and get the part numbers.
The Allen & Simmonds Register

http://www.g1jbg.co.uk/autoculto

For users of Auto Culto, Autogardener, Horticulto, Midgiculto and other Allen & Simmonds products.
IP IP Logged
hitchinsm
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote hitchinsm Replybullet Posted: 19 Sep 2013 at 4:19pm
When you have the kit number let me know as I have the majority of them
Regards Mike
IP IP Logged
hybridv8
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote hybridv8 Replybullet Posted: 23 Sep 2013 at 6:40pm
Hi,I have come up with two carb kit part nos and they are 391071 and 394989,I cant seem to find a difference between them but there must be as 391071 was used before date code 81101200 and the other one was used after date code 81101100 which confuses me as the date codes seem to coincide unless I am looking at it wrong,that info is as copied from the ottopaap website,I have looked on the bay and the kits seem to be half the price from usa as they are in Britain you just gotta wait longer.
IP IP Logged
wristpin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote wristpin Replybullet Posted: 23 Sep 2013 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by hybridv8

Hi,I have come up with two carb kit part nos and they are 391071 and 394989,I cant seem to find a difference between them but there must be as 391071 was used before date code 81101200 and the other one was used after date code 81101100 which confuses me as the date codes seem to coincide unless I am looking at it wrong,that info is as copied from the ottopaap website,I have looked on the bay and the kits seem to be half the price from usa as they are in Britain you just gotta wait longer.

Just make sure that you are not comparing an original with a pattern kit and that you factor in clearance charges and vat. The last part that I imported from the US took 3 days from the seller to the UK and was held in the postal sorting centre for 7 days and finally reached me 12 days from when posted!
IP IP Logged
hybridv8
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote hybridv8 Replybullet Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 8:53am
I don't mind the wait but you are right about the charges,most of the spares I have needed have come from the states and I have been stung by charges a few times.
IP IP Logged
hitchinsm
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote hitchinsm Replybullet Posted: 28 Sep 2013 at 2:25pm
I have this kit in stock. If you are interested send an email to me.
Regards Mike
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version