Established 1993. The only club dedicated to all types of vintage garden tools and machinery

.....Find the NEW website and machinery forums at www.vhgmc.co.uk

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Ride-on machines
 VHGMC ForumsThe Machinery ForumsRide-on machines
Message Icon Topic: govener rod Post Reply Post New Topic
hybridv8
Forum Member
Forum Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote hybridv8 Replybullet Topic: govener rod
    Posted: 21 Sep 2013 at 5:59pm
There is a govener rod part no 393613 on a 16 hp engine that I need cos I broke mine but it seems it has been discontinued,does anybody know of an alternative or even where I might get some old stock,I am coming up against a brick wall even in America.
IP IP Logged
wristpin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote wristpin Replybullet Posted: 21 Sep 2013 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by hybridv8

There is a govener rod part no 393613 on a 16 hp engine that I need cos I broke mine but it seems it has been discontinued,does anybody know of an alternative or even where I might get some old stock,I am coming up against a brick wall even in America.

Probably easiest to get a bit of "piano wire" and make one - at least you have a pattern. Don't know how long it's been obsolete but there's possibly a better chance of picking one up from a US site than over here. Have you spoken to BS  - they may have the facility to search world wide inventory and see if one is lurking somewhere?    
IP IP Logged
hybridv8
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote hybridv8 Replybullet Posted: 22 Sep 2013 at 2:03pm
I haven't spoken to bs but I have been on about seven us sites and searched the web worldwide but nobody seems to have one,I would try piano wire but there are two flats on it each with a tiny hole for a spring,this being their weak point and the place that mine snapped.
IP IP Logged
Stuart.
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quote Stuart. Replybullet Posted: 22 Sep 2013 at 2:57pm
I would just braze it back together and repair it if you cant find a replacement.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version