Established 1993. The only club dedicated to all types of vintage garden tools and machinery

.....Find the NEW website and machinery forums at www.vhgmc.co.uk

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
General talk and discussion
 VHGMC ForumsThe Main Forum AreaGeneral talk and discussion
Message Icon Topic: Villiers MK 40 throttle assembly help Post Reply Post New Topic
Predator65
Forum Member
Forum Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote Predator65 Replybullet Topic: Villiers MK 40 throttle assembly help
    Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 12:32pm
Hi guy's

Could someone post a picture of a close up of the throttle cable link of a Villiers MK 40 engine showing the connection to the governor arm and all the springs and adjusters from where the cable connects to the engine block via the right angled steel elbow with the slot cut out to allow the inner cable to pass through it where the outer cable terminates, I think I'm missing a spring that goes over the outer cable and down on to the knarled adjuster which allows you to shorten/lengthen the outer sleeve and lock off with a small nut below it,the spring I have from the bottom part of the cable that hooks into the governor arm looks too long to me (after looking at the manual,it shows a wider much shorter spring than the one I have which is about 50mm long and about 5-7mm diameter) and no matter what I do a can't seem to take up the slack,the outer cable is in two parts at the engine end and I'm pretty sure it should be one piece (from the throttle lever at the handle bars it has about 4 inches of outer sleeve then there is an adjuster which is about 3-4 inches from memory,then it goes to the engine and about 4 inches from the end the outer sleeve is cut or broken so I'm thinking is there another adjuster or a spring in between these two parts? Any help or better still pictures appreciated.

Regards

Tel
God Im such a Needy Child!
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version