Established 1993. The only club dedicated to all types of vintage garden tools and machinery

.....Find the NEW website and machinery forums at www.vhgmc.co.uk

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
General talk and discussion
 VHGMC ForumsThe Main Forum AreaGeneral talk and discussion
Message Icon Topic: New member introduction. Post Reply Post New Topic
Biggles

Online Status: Offline
Quote Biggles Replybullet Topic: New member introduction.
    Posted: 28 Sep 2013 at 12:49pm
Hi there.

I came about this forum as a result of trying find some details about a JAP engine I have, so I thought I aught to introduce myself first.

As a former forester (a long, long time ago), lifelong biker and mechanic, specializing in small plant and horticultural machines, I have dealt with most kinds of engines and transmissions, going back to the 1940s and beyond. I have also restored classic cars and bikes and owned narrow boat, and the odd stationary engine.

I am not heavily into the details or intricacies of vintage garden machinery, but have worked on a fair bit of it, as some of it was still in regular use when I started wielding spanners, over fourty years ago.

I am now based in Milton Keynes, Bucks. and am semi-retired due to a knackered back. I keep myself busy with my small collection of classic bikes, and buy and sell motorbikes as a side-line.

Brian

IP IP Logged
will_haggle
Forum Member
Forum Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote will_haggle Replybullet Posted: 28 Sep 2013 at 6:05pm
Welcome Biggles, we have a few bikers around here! Trustybloke and me to name but two! What's your JAP engine?
6 months ago I couldn't even spell engineer - now I are one
Calne, North Wiltshire...
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version