Forum Discription: Tractors, crawlers and ride-on mowers
URL: http://www.tractorbox.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=7564
Printed Date: 30 May 2020 at 2:52am

Topic: TURF WARS RETURN
Posted By: boxspanner13
Subject: TURF WARS RETURN
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 6:27pm
Hello

I'm currently restoring a SISIS tractor and implement carrier which I decribed in a post (TURF WARS - OMECH1211) back in November 2011

Attached are some pictures of the tractor as of to-day - it's coming along OK , just have the fuel tank and tin work to finish and fit. I've built the machine as found, don't know if it's spot on original as I can't find any info'/details/spec's or pic's relating to the tractor as new. The original road pattern tyres were scrap and replacements are hard to find and expensive. These new 600 X 16 (early Landrover) items were bought from flea bay and fitted, with new tubes, for less than the cost of one original. They would chew the daylights out of any surface for which the tractor was designed but do look 'purposeful'!  
Whilst scraping the paint (fifty shades of yellow) from the front cover 'bonnet' I found the shaded imprint of a long forgotten transfer which reads:  K  20  presumably the model designation?
Haven't started the carrier yet but this looks to be just a lot of strip ,clean and paint.

I hope to show the rig this summer and realise that, as it's self propelled, I will need RTA insurance? Can anyone suggest a company/broker who could help with this? It's never been road registered but has Makers ID/serial nos./engine number will this be adequate?

Any questions or comments most welcome.

Regards,        Brian
 Have just tried to upload my pic's and found that 'ACCESS IS DENIED' when clicking on the 'tree' Will try to add them to a separate post...

Replies:
Posted By: pmackellow
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 8:02pm
Looking good, try Cherished Car Insurance they insure my tractor collection using serial numbers as a reference...
01252 713148

-------------
Collector of Tarpen, Wheelhorse, International Cub Cadet, Landmaster, Cooper Stewart, Farmfitters, Jobber, Jalo, Ro-lo, Sisis and literature

Posted By: Charlie
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2013 at 7:28am
Another insurance company you could try is NFU, I used them to insure my Ransomes MG2. Have a look in one of the tractor magazines and you will find others.

-------------
'Don't force it! Get a bigger hammer'

Print Page | Close Window