Forum Name: Ride-on machines
Forum Discription: Tractors, crawlers and ride-on mowers
URL: http://www.tractorbox.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8241
Printed Date: 19 Jun 2019 at 7:45am

Topic: govener rod
Posted By: hybridv8
Subject: govener rod
Date Posted: 21 Sep 2013 at 5:59pm
There is a govener rod part no 393613 on a 16 hp engine that I need cos I broke mine but it seems it has been discontinued,does anybody know of an alternative or even where I might get some old stock,I am coming up against a brick wall even in America.

Replies:
Posted By: wristpin
Date Posted: 21 Sep 2013 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by hybridv8

There is a govener rod part no 393613 on a 16 hp engine that I need cos I broke mine but it seems it has been discontinued,does anybody know of an alternative or even where I might get some old stock,I am coming up against a brick wall even in America.

Probably easiest to get a bit of "piano wire" and make one - at least you have a pattern. Don't know how long it's been obsolete but there's possibly a better chance of picking one up from a US site than over here. Have you spoken to BS  - they may have the facility to search world wide inventory and see if one is lurking somewhere?    

Posted By: hybridv8
Date Posted: 22 Sep 2013 at 2:03pm
I haven't spoken to bs but I have been on about seven us sites and searched the web worldwide but nobody seems to have one,I would try piano wire but there are two flats on it each with a tiny hole for a spring,this being their weak point and the place that mine snapped.

Posted By: Stuart.
Date Posted: 22 Sep 2013 at 2:57pm
I would just braze it back together and repair it if you cant find a replacement.

Print Page | Close Window